If we are to think in decades to track our growth, we better start eliminating distractions and prioritize the things that matter.
Here’s a few considerations from various sources I’ve come across:
- Put your family, friends, and partner in the first place. Meaningful relationships are crucial for personal fulfillment.
- Analyze the content you consume on TV, books, and the Internet. If you constantly find that you’re not learning anything, it’s time to be more selective.
- Make sure that you’re doing something that makes you happy. There is no time to waste in things that you dislike.
- Cut negative people out of your life. Protect your own energy.
- Have clear goals for every day, every year, and of course, every decade. Time runs faster than you think. Make every moment count.
- Be bold and ask for what you want.
- Judge less. Focus on your own progress.
- Play the long term game.
How would you start eliminating distractions from your life?