We’re just about to finish 2021, a year full of life-changing events. I’m grateful for all the experiences I had, and all the opportunities that came my way, especially for writing.
New priorities redefine the way I live my days, but there’s always a chance to make room for all the things that matter to me. I’m confident 2022 will teach me how to become better at it.
Here’s the list of 20 things that made my 2021 interesting.
- Getting pregnant and giving birth to a baby boy
- My mom’s visit for two months
- Publishing an article on women’s empowerment in Excelsior, one of the most prestigious newspapers in Mexico. (The article is available in Spanish only).
- Collaborating as a blogger in Apocrifa Art Magazine. I wrote about indie authors, creative entrepreneurship and writing life in general. (All articles are in Spanish).
- Taking a course on creative writing for the first time in my life. It was wonderful.
- This video on the importance of being yourself. It’s one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever watched on YouTube.
- Reading more in Spanish. This year I read El Amor en los Tiempos del Cólera, Ficciones, Cuentos Naturales, Plagio, La Ciudad Oculta 2, and Mucha Madre.
- Discovering the following musicians: Chet Baker Quartet, Debussy, and Vangelis.
- This song
- Finishing my book!
- Dave Gahan’s Imposter album
- Depeche Mode’s photo book
- A playlist I made to celebrate Mexico’s Independence Day
- Discovering that I want to explore folklore through dancing. Watching Amalia Hernandez’ ballet was inspiring.
- Deciding that, someday, I’d like to become a judge at the Olympic Games
- Playing Mario Kart again
- Meditation as a more regular practice
- Writing about beginnings
- Writing more in Spanish
- Buying books for my son