If you’re looking for ways to create new habits, especially as we’re getting closer to the end of the year, it’s worth reframing the way we look at this specific action.
You will find a ton of information on the Internet on how to do it. The advice will be useful, without a doubt. You can get information from a variety of sources and make your own plan to proceed and improve your life.
My suggestion: ask yourself questions that require a mindful answer.
This makes a lot of sense. You are the expert of your life; therefore, you are the only one who can tailor your habits to advance your career, improve your craft or your life quality.
I came up with a list of questions to help you get started.
- What do I want to accomplish today?
- What’s one thing I absolutely have to work on?
- What can make me a better creator?
- What do I need to subtract from my daily activities to be more focused?
- What does success look like to me on any given day?
- What am I choosing to share that adds value to someone in my industry or creative scene?
Now, take a pen and a piece of paper. Choose one of these questions and answer it every day for a month. Observe how your focus changes. You will find that the answer may vary, and it’ll be necessary to align your efforts accordingly.
As you start detecting those changes, you will also modify your habits in a way that works for you.
What are your thoughts?