We’re getting closer and closer to the end of 2022. Where did the time go? Funny how time flies when you’re having fun.
Here’s a list of things that made my year:
- Celebrating my son’s first birthday.
- Having my mom around for two months and celebrating my son’s birthday with her.
- Publishing my debut novella Kaleidoscope Eyes.
- This interview about my novella.
- Realizing that, as independent author, learning takes place every day, and it’s scary and fun at the same time.
- That it’s important to focus on the step in front of me, not the entire staircase.
- Learning about Amazon Ads for authors.
- Writing #LetrasDesnudas.
- Joining Té de Querer for some great writing workshops and making new friends.
- Publishing three articles on Excélsior (Mexican newspaper, all available in Spanish): Carta para la niña que se convertirá en mujer, Promesas de hoy para un mañana seguro, and Urge modelo de salud con perspectiva de género.
- Discovering the Curious Fox podcast.
- Rediscovering The Chase Jarvis Live Show.
- A great podcast in Spanish, Hablemos Escritoras.
- Joining Good Reads as an author.
- Learning that Depeche Mode is releasing an album next year.
- Finding joy in writing my newsletter.
- Listening to some great artists: Neo Soul, Toni Braxton, Sade, Tom Jobim, The Human League, Spice Girls, and Alicia Keys.
- Castella tarts.
- Tuna and salmon poke bowls.
- Janet Jackson’s album “Control”.
- Learning the meaning of surrender.
- Tara Brach’s talks and meditations.
- Waiting Game by Junior Boys.
- Toda Tercafeira by Soul Quality Quartet.
- Deciding that my new NFL team is the Seattle Seahawks.
Grateful for all the lessons learned. Grateful for the wonderful people who walked with me every step of the way. Grateful for all discoveries. Looking forward to 2023!